Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ripple Effect

This goes out to ICJA 2007


I am a pebble tossed into a body of water
I wonder what is my purpose in life
I listen to my conscience directing me in every which way
I see the struggle between life and death, truth and lies
And I wish it would end
I am but a pebble

I pretend to be a hero
One who can feel others’ pain
Touching every person’s heart and soul, every moment of the day
I worry for all who whisper their troubles in my ears
And inside I cry.
I am but a pebble.

I understand society is complex, leaving many feeling naked and depressed
I can only dream of a better place, where popularity and riches are not one’s face
I do my best to fix what I can, but our world is too corrupt for one little man
I hope not to lose my drive, amidst blank faces side by side
I am but a pebble.

 (Feb. 2005)

2 comments:

  1. You are not a pebble. You are a shining star. People are drawn to your light. They feel joy in your presence because of the spirit you carry. Don’t loose it, baby brother. Don’t let public attention chip away at your holiness.

    ReplyDelete